Re: Cohousing in Santa Barbara...NOT! (yet)
From: Gary D. Shapiro (garyesiname.com)
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 12:34:42 -0600 (MDT)
 [ forwarded with permission ]

From: Tonka444 [at] aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:32:04 EDT

Hi Gary--

I sat around in Connecticut for about four years waiting for cohousing to
appear so I could join a group.  Then, I put up about five fliers in town
saying a group was forming and one month later, I am no longer the driving
force but have five other families working along side of me.  My only regret
is that I waited so long to get started.

It takes nothing to write up a flier, post it around, maybe put a little ad
in the paper.  When people call have them come to a "discussion" about the
possibility of forming a group.

Good luck.

Shelly DeMeo
Greater Hartford Cohousing