Re: Clotheslines & Haning Out Clothes
From: DHCano (DHCanoaol.com)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 12:13:08 -0600 (MDT)
In a message dated 99-08-21 11:42:19 EDT, sharonvillines [at] prodigy.net
writes:

>area of extreme importance--underwear. Underwear must be hung on the
>interior lines--those between the lines most visible to the neighbors. This
>is one advantage of the new "cobweb" lines. No one will know what is on the
>interior unless they are watching while one hangs the laundry.

While we are sharing best practices and the fruit of generations of gradually
accumulated wisdom:  those who wanted to completely foil their neighbors'
curiosity about the nature/condition of the family underwear washed sheets
first and hung them on the high-visibility lines.  Everything else could then
be hung inside these protective curtains.  This also had the advantage that
sheets blowing like sails in the breeze are esthetically pleasing in a way
that few other laundry experiences can match.  The down side was that less
breeze might reach the inner items.  Well brought up people considered the
privacy and esthetic advantages to be worth this cost.  And neighbors who did
not want to be confronted with the more fraught items of others' wash blessed
them each time they glanced out their windows.

Diane Cano