Failure of Cohousing as Community
From: Victoria (victoriatrillium-hollow.org)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 00:37:00 -0600 (MDT)
Dear All,

I found Rob's message about the erosion of community in cohousing pretty
scary.  The <soft selling> he is talking about is happening here already.
One of our neighbors, in his concern to reach a wider market, has advertised
his place simply as a condo, no mention of community at all, and hired a
conventional realtor.  I would be interested to hear from other cohousing
groups about the strength of their communities, possible signs of this kind
of erosion, and what can be done to avoid it.  Thanks for this thread Rob.