Re: remedies for yelling arguments
From: Gary D. Shapiro (garyesiname.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:29:14 -0600 (MDT)
On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:03:30 -0500, victoria [at] trillium-hollow.org wrote:

>We at Trillium Hollow in Portland are trying to a bunch of community =
>building things to increase camaraderie and good communication skills.  =
>MEANWHILE, what to do when people have loud angry yelling name calling =
>swearing arguments in front of all, and ignore requests to take it =
>inside?  We have been advised not to sweep it under the rug.  I agree, =
>but how to approach these people?  Please don't say sharing circles, =
>these haven't been particularly helpful in the past - and those involved =
>don't always show up.

I heartily recommend the work of the Center for Nonviolent Communication.
<http://www.cnvc.org/>

The concepts of compassionate communication are presented in a unique way that
makes it very appealing and accessible.

--
Gary D. Shapiro   garyes [at] iname.com      <-- save and use this address
                  garyes [at] crosswinds.net <-- send "email bounced" reports