Re: Arguments and Arguing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:54:46 -0600 (MDT)

> By the way, are we talking about generally pleasant and reasonable
> people who are temperamentally passionate and loud in their expression
> and may yell a bit from time to time, or where yelling/dumping is a
> person's standard response to  situation?

My understanding is that we were discussing  two people yelling at each
other in an argument and the concerns of observers about the example this
was setting for young children, and that it was irritating/bothersome to the
observers. And that the behavior and the objections to it had been repeated
and  how to stop it.

The discussion gets confused when yelling is de facto equated with dumping
or power plays. And expression of feelings/frustrations in particular ways
are labeled unilaterally as "not nice" and destructive while others are
labelled unilaterally as nice and constructive.

These are situational and conditional definitions that obscure the real
issue--people are upset.

--

Sharon Villines
MacGuffin Guide to Detective Fiction