Re: Expressions of Anger
From: Stuart Staniford-Chen (stuartSiliconDefense.com)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 11:11:51 -0600 (MDT)

Sharon Villines wrote:

> I'm really tired of this thread, and I'm sure I'll get flamed again for
> responding truthfully again, but I hope it has been helpful to all the nice
> people out there who never yell, never get angry, and certainly would never
> raise their voices in public--or even in private, to understand that this is
> not the only way that perfectly nice and caring people respond.

I probably should have said this before.  I personally have become violent
and started fights because people have insulted me (though only in bars and
similar settings, not in a cohousing setting, and not recently).  The reason
that I think anger should not be expressed through yelling etc is certainly
not because I'm not capable of inappropriate expressions of anger myself.  I
am.  It's never gotten me what I wanted, and in a cohousing setting, I've
never seen it get anyone else what they want either.

I think we need to agree to differ.

Stuart.

--
Stuart Staniford-Chen --- President --- Silicon Defense
                   stuart [at] silicondefense.com