Distance participation in Natl Conference?
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 09:44:16 -0600 (MDT)
The National Conference sounds so wonderful. I was fortunate enough to
have been at the first, in Boulder, and the one in Seattle.

But for many of us who are living in cohousing communities, the expense
of travel is prohibitive and we will not be able to be personally present
at the conference.

In what ways can a community which is not represented in person
participate, and share information with the many who will be assembled?
Is there a way to send an exhibit? A stack of brochures? A scrapbook, or
common-house plans, or photos, or a set of slides for a slide show? If no
one has thought of this, it would be a great service to offer. Or perhaps
if you are going, you could ask other groups in your area if there is
something you could take for them, and agree to get it back to them
safely.

Is there a place for wall-mounted exhibits? For table-top exhibits, like
a hinged foam-core board? A size that we could send, and enclose return
postage for?

Please tell us what the possibilities are! If "absent" groups can have
exhibits, or be in a slide show, or such, it will greatly enrich the
experience for those in attendence.

Also, during or after the conference, will there be "published" notes on
some of it? Will there be any interactive possibilities to respond on
line? I know there are some very creative minds out there.....

Lynn Nadeau, at RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA