Re: shareware idea
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 06:21:31 -0600 (MDT)
> I'm amazed... my company is using Netscape mail and Netscape calendar as
> groupware.  It's got just as many features as most of the other proprietary
> groupware and it's free!!
>
> Gee, I thought Lotus was proprietary software from IBM.  I can't imagine
> them giving anything away :-)

Lotus Notes is not only very expensive and very powerful but very difficult
to learn. You have to have a person who dedicates themselves to programming
it and teaching it to people. It does wonderful things but is not
intuitive--in fact, it is counter-intuitive.

Not recommended for Sportswear. Not even Business Casual.
--

Sharon Villines
MacGuffin Guide to Detective Fiction