|Re: Cohousing and car sharing||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)|
|Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:50:52 -0600 (MDT)|
Helen hcohen [at] moonland.com is the author of the message below but due to a problem it was posted by the Fred the list manager: fholson@cohousing org To get off cohousing-L, send email with UNSUBSCRIBE COHOUSING-L in the msg body to: listproc [at] cohousing.org Questions? email Fred - addr above -------------------- FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS -------------------- Have you heard of such communities in Ontario? Are there any other types of communities besides cohousing and cooperative? thanks Helen -----Original Message----- From: Rob Sandelin <floriferous [at] email.msn.com> To: Multiple recipients of list <cohousing-l [at] freedom.mtn.org> Date: Tuesday, September 21, 1999 10:47 AM Subject: RE: Cohousing and car sharing >I doubt cohousing will ever evolve much in the way of car ownership sharing. >The private property ownership model of cohousing is very intrenched in the >Cohousing definition and Americans in general,and this is one of the hidden >filters of cohousing. Next to a house, a car is the next most expensive >property and status that Americans own. Since you filter in people who find >home ownership important, then sharing car ownership is not likely to find >much interest. I would suspect that in communities that do not have home >ownership as a central tenet, that sharing ownership of cars would be >easier. For example, I know of 4 income sharing communities that share >ownership of their fleet. > >The private ownership boundaries of cohousing set some clear limitations in >most groups. For instance, I have not heard of cohousing groups sharing >income or doing income support when a member loses their job. In the condo >model that most groups adopt, each individual is responsible for their own >mortgage and if you can't cut it economically, well, see you later. So large >economic support is not typically part of cohousing, and sharing a car is a >large economic issue.
- RE: Cohousing and car sharing, (continued)
- RE: Cohousing and car sharing Rob Sandelin, September 21 1999
- Re: Cohousing and car sharing Victoria, September 21 1999
- Fw: Cohousing and car sharing administration, September 21 1999
- Re: Cohousing and car sharing Michael McIntyre, September 21 1999
- Re: Cohousing and car sharing Fred H. Olson, September 21 1999
- RE: Cohousing and car sharing brian, September 21 1999
- Re: Cohousing and car sharing Unnat, September 21 1999
- Re: Cohousing and car sharing Raines Cohen, September 21 1999
- Re: Cohousing and car sharing Bitner/Stevenson, September 21 1999
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.