Re: shareware idea
From: Raines Cohen (coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:21:34 -0600 (MDT)
"Hans Tilstra" <hanstilstra [at] rabbit.com.au> wrote on 9/21/99 3:24 PM:

>For a more thorough explanation of this groupware idea (ie. taking internet
>technology to the next level): click to
>http://php.indiana.edu/~ljessup/gwcent3.html

Hmmm, a document from 1995? Good background reading, but a little
outdated in its technology references.

You can find some more current info on collaborative meeting technologies
at:

http://www.technography.com/

(disclaimer: I may be entering into a collaboration with the author)

One I've heard good things about is WebEx from ActiveTouch:

http://www.webex.com/

(disclaimer: a friend of mine works there)

Don't forget that we're all at this very moment using one of the oldest,
best-established internet collaboration technologies to date: E-mail and
mailing list software! Don't take them for granted. What would you do if
somebody took away your e-mail tomorrow? It does spark a deeper question:
How are CoHo groups, established and in development, using e-mail
internally and externally? (don't forget to change the subject line if
you reply on that topic)

Raines

Raines Cohen <coho-L [at] raines.com> <http://www.swansway.com>
  Member, Old Oakland [CA] Cohousing at Swan's Market
Where the construction folks now say "January 15", and the developer says
"No, December 15!"

  and member, East Bay Cohousing [no site yet]
Two members of which will be attending the national conference!