Re: Cars
From: Unnat (Zeniinet.net.au)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:10:04 -0600 (MDT)
At Pinakarri Community there are some of us who are willing to car
share.  It's nothing more than an informal arrangement at
the time of borrowing, but as old cars die I hope people won't replace
them and that we will use each others.  Of course, some people may never
want to do this.  We have imagined some sort of small community bus.

When I was arrested last year in the
forest I chose to pursue a NOT GUILTY plea.  This decision included an
intention to not comply with any penalty should I be found 'guilty'.  I
was and received a large fine which I don't intend to pay.
The consequence of this includes the loss of my driver's licence - this
is how our govt enforces payment of fines.  Although this hasn't
happened yet, I am 'free' to not drive because;

1.  I have a partner who drives.
2.  I live near useful public transport. My daughter catches the bus to
and from school.
3.  I live in community.  This means that
there is usually someone around who will help me out as necessary.
4.  Cycling is an easy option with proximity to a decent Italian deli,
the beach and the only local city with which I need/want to interface
and excellent climate.

Warmest regards
Robyn Williams
Pinakarri Community
Fremantle, Western Australia

  • Cars Sharon Villines, September 21 1999
    • Re: Cars Unnat, September 21 1999
    • Re: cars S, November 12 1999
    • cars Tim Clark, August 15 2006
      • Re: cars Craig Ragland, August 15 2006
      • Re: cars Carol Robinson, August 15 2006