Children's involvement
From: Sue Roenke (oliveoyllocaldata.com)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:13:46 -0600 (MDT)

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01BF06A6.1247DAE0

Hi, my name is Sue Roenke, and I have been reading/lurking on this list =
for about two months now.  Our family has been checking into intentional =
communities seriously this past year, and are now involved with =
Eco-Village of Ithaca, which we hope we will be part of the Second =
Neighborhood (SoNG), which I will address in a second message (to keep =
separate threads).  I have two threads I'd like info and resources for, =
and am sure some of you can help! =20
    The first one is how to include children in sharing responsiblities. =
 The First Neighborhood (FRoG) did not include children (participating =
in work) and wish they had.  The person who asked me to research this =
used the word teenagers, but I feel that younger children can be =
involved too.  So, I guess my first question would be at what age were =
children involved, if they were?  And then, how were they involved?  I =
am imagining certain small chores, maybe with their parents, or maybe =
with another adult?  The way I am thinking of this is, the younger they =
are, then when they do become teenagers, they will still feel a part of =
the community, especially during that time of many changes. =20
    Also are there resources to help with these issues, either on the =
web or off.  Thank you in advance for anything and all the help you all =
can give me!  Don't want to reinvent the wheel, the web sure helps avoid =
that!
Sue Roenke, wife of Mike, mom to Marie, 2-19- 92, Sarajane, 3-22-95, and =
Rosemary, 1-19-98

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01BF06A6.1247DAE0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi, my name is Sue Roenke, and I have =
been=20
reading/lurking on this list for about two months now.&nbsp; Our family =
has been=20
checking into intentional communities seriously this past year, and are =
now=20
involved with Eco-Village of Ithaca, which we hope we will be part of =
the Second=20
Neighborhood (SoNG), which I will address in a second message (to keep =
separate=20
threads).&nbsp; I have two threads I'd like info and resources for, and =
am sure=20
some of you can help!&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The first one is how =
to include=20
children in sharing responsiblities.&nbsp; The First Neighborhood (FRoG) =
did not=20
include children (participating in work) and wish they had.&nbsp; The =
person who=20
asked me to research this used the word teenagers, but I feel that =
younger=20
children can be involved too.&nbsp; So, I guess my first question would =
be at=20
what age were children involved, if they were?&nbsp; And then, how were =
they=20
involved?&nbsp; I am imagining certain small chores, maybe with their =
parents,=20
or maybe with another adult?&nbsp; The way I am thinking of this is, the =
younger=20
they are, then when they do become teenagers, they will still feel a =
part of the=20
community, especially during that time of many changes.&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Also are there =
resources to help=20
with these issues, either on the web or off.&nbsp; Thank you in advance =
for=20
anything and all the help you all can give me!&nbsp; Don't want to =
reinvent the=20
wheel, the web sure helps avoid that!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sue Roenke, wife of Mike, mom to Marie, =
2-19- 92,=20
Sarajane, 3-22-95, and Rosemary, 1-19-98</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01BF06A6.1247DAE0--