SF (East Bay) Large House Available
From: Edwin Veltman (Edwin_Veltmanwlcmail.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:03:02 -0600 (MDT)
--0__=ujPpCySaQOE6u6LT1li3khz3YCXaHmThrcRJ69tUfKrxCy4GZk37kS5F

                    *** Opportunity to Join ***
        *** a Newly Established Co-Housing Community ***

We are five families who have just bought two properties with six
units in the Temescal neighborhood in north Oakland. An adjacent
property is for sale on the open market, and we are looking for one
or several buyers who are interested in co-housing.

Our vision is to create and live in a strong community which fosters
harmony with each other, with the larger community and the
environment. Each family lives in an individual unit, and we share
laundry facilities, garages and organic gardens and we have
community meals several times per week, help raise each other's
children, and hope to have a positive influence on our
neighborhood. We plan to have a shared common house soon.
The members of our group share a passion for social justice,
ecologically friendly living, and building community through work
and play. As a group, we have many years of experience in
nonprofit work and community building. Our group consists of
three couples with one child each (ages 2
--0__=ujPpCySaQOE6u6LT1li3khz3YCXaHmThrcRJ69tUfKrxCy4GZk37kS5F

=BD to 4 =BD) and two
single women, who own the two properties as tenants-in-common,
plus one woman who is renting a unit.

The house is priced at $389,000 but a lower offer might be accepted.
It is a one-story house with three bedrooms, two baths, living and
dining rooms, large kitchen, office or play room in the basement,
double garage and carport on a generous lot. Our group is looking
for a buyer who is genuinely interested in community, shares our
vision and goals, will commit to removing the fences between our
properties and sharing space and time with us - and possibly even
merging the properties in the future. This house will comfortably fit
a family with several children or two to four roommates.

Are you interested? If so, we would love to discuss this further with y=
ou!
Please call Karen at 510-654-6346.
=

--0__=ujPpCySaQOE6u6LT1li3khz3YCXaHmThrcRJ69tUfKrxCy4GZk37kS5F--