Dues structure
From: brian (briantrillium-hollow.org)
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:03:16 -0600 (MDT)
Dear folks,

Our community is preparing our annual budget.  To date, we have divided the
annual budget based exclusively on the square footage of each residence.
 For example, if I have 1 person in my 1,000 sf home, I pay exactly the HOA
(Homeowner's Association) dues as someone with 3 people in an identical
1000 sf home.  Or if I have 1 person in my 1,500 sf home, I pay double what
2 people would pay living in a 750 sf home.

I should add that all our utilities, HOA and community fees are run through
this system

I am an accountant and think our fees should be split based on a couple of
factors namely square footage and number of people.

I am wondering, how do other communities divide dues?

Brian Setzler
Trillium Hollow
Portland, Oregon