email for cohousing
From: Victoria (victoriatrillium-hollow.org)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 14:31:27 -0600 (MDT)

------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01BF0F34.6263FFE0

I have found email to be an incredibly helpful timesaver for committee =
work - sending drafts back and forth for editing, honing details, =
checking calendars etc. (And I know that I speak for the other committee =
members I've worked with.)  It is truly great!  I suspect that it isn't =
helpful when there is a hot issue and people should just declare hot =
email discussions over, or not respond, and continue to talk in person.  =
Banning seems like overkill.

One thing that doesn't help is sending an email with a hot issue in it =
and then declaring further email on the topic out of bounds.  Talking =
out of both sides of the mouth there.

So is in-house cohousing email helpful?  Sometimes, very much yes, and =
sometimes, no.

Warmly,

Vicky Leary
Trillium Hollow

------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01BF0F34.6263FFE0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have found email to be an incredibly =
helpful=20
timesaver for committee work - sending drafts back and forth for =
editing, honing=20
details, checking calendars etc. (And I know that I speak for the other=20
committee members I've worked with.)&nbsp; It is truly great!  I suspect =
that it=20
isn't helpful when there is a hot issue and people should just declare =
hot email=20
discussions over, or not respond, and continue to talk in person.&nbsp; =
Banning=20
seems like overkill.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One thing that doesn't help is sending =
an email=20
with a hot issue in it and then declaring further email on the topic out =
of=20
bounds.&nbsp; Talking out of both sides of the mouth there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So is in-house cohousing email =
helpful?&nbsp;=20
Sometimes, very much yes, and sometimes, no.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Warmly,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Vicky Leary</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Trillium =
Hollow</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01BF0F34.6263FFE0--