Email for Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 19:30:45 -0600 (MDT)
I love email. I've made wonderful friends whom I would never have met other
wise and participated in discussions that I would  never have had if it were
not for email. I also find it fast, efficient, and fun. I use it in a
million different ways, all of which enrich my life enormously.

I'm on several lists--some business and some fun. By far the best is a list
that is moderated by a woman who pays attention. She nicely and privately
reminds people when their posts are too long, include the whole post they
are responding to instead of an edited portion, or are off topic. She also
steps in and says this discussion does not belong on this list. When
offenders "forget" too often, she puts them on review status which means she
reviews all of their posts before they are posted to the list. It is a
wonderful list.

Email lists are discussion forums which need to be moderated and facilitated
just like "in person" discussions. Someone has to direct traffic or it is
like having a meeting without a facilitator.

--

Sharon Villines
MacGuffin Guide to Detective Fiction