Re: Email for Cohousing
From: Lee Irwin (leeirwinari.net)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 22:14:30 -0600 (MDT)
I'm one who loves e-mail.  I work the majority of
late-afternoon/early-eening hours.  Now,  a few minutes after midnight, I
can take my time, review messages at a time convenient to me.  I don't
have to worry if someone called but didn't leave a message.  I don't have
to worry about calling someone at a bad time.  I don't have to wonder
how in heck someone is going to be able to reach me.
        This way, with e-mail, I can write at my own convenience and
recipients can respond at their convenience.
        Sure, there may be flames or misunderstandings.  That happens in
F2F discussions too.  And, I can assure you, I have seen real life
situations where talking to someone F2F is more misleading and difficult
than e-mail.
        There are pros and cons to any medium.  Let's not throw out the
baby with the bathwater.

        Lee
        Chesapeake Cohousing
        Annapolis, MD