email in cohousing
From: Victoria (victoriatrillium-hollow.org)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:47:16 -0600 (MDT)
>How many communities have a computer - even an old one - in the
commonhouse where files of old messages etc could be read by anyone?

We have one in the Common House thanks to a wonderful couple of geek
neighbors.  Anyone without access in their home gets a free email account
and access to the web, it's great. Still, we have 2 members who are unable
to 'get it' yet and may never, who knows.

>People should be urged to use care in composing messages and
cool off before responding to emotional issues or take them up in other
contexts.>

Boy is this ever true.  It's SO easy to fire off an email and hit 'send'
with a vengeance.  I think some suggested guidelines, like the one above
from Fred, will prove helpful in using this amazingly handy new tool.

Vicky Leary
Trillium Hollow, Portland, OR