Re: Common Meal Accounting and planning
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:13:21 -0600 (MDT)
jonema.dwq_po.dwqmain [at] dwq.swrcb.ca.gov
by the Fred the list manager:  fholson@cohousing org

To get off cohousing-L, send email with UNSUBSCRIBE COHOUSING-L in the
msg body to:  listproc [at] cohousing.org   Questions? email Fred - addr above

I just have one comment on Lynn's discussion of common meals.

I didn't realize that other groups had so few meals.  At southside park we
have at least two meals a week and sometimes five - six, even after we
have been here six years.  I think enthusiasm remains high for meals,
although there are some households you rarely see.  The meals are usually
good (not all of them), most everybody cooks, even the people who rarely
eat.  If anything, our biggest problem is dealing with the noise generated
by that many people at a meal.  During the summer a lot of people eat
outdoors, but it is time to cool off and have us all inside.