conflict resolution
From: Oliveau2 (Oliveau2aol.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 23:01:04 -0600 (MDT)
In a message dated 10/6/99 4:22:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
floriferous [at] email.msn.com writes:

<< Unresolved resentments
 and anger are some of the worse things that can poison a persons happiness.
 And far too many groups have NO structure to deal with such things, and
 actually subltly convey to members that its not OK to bring such things up.
 So with no forum to bring up your resentments and anger where does it go? It
 usually does not dissapear. >>

During a session on conflict resolution at the cohousing conference in
Amherst this month, those from the Heartwood Cohousing community in Colorado
talked about several things they do to keep things clear. I recommend their
web site: www.heartwoodcohousing.com  where a great deal of their process is
described.
At their suggestion, we are copying quite a bit of the approach they have
worked out!
Lauranne Oliveau
for Proximity Cohousing
703/453-0487 or 703/346-2489