RE: quorum definition
From: Ruddick, T.R. (RUDDICKedison.cc.oh.us)
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 19:10:51 -0600 (MDT)
I thought it might help to share a definition of what exactly a "household"
is.

Copied from WWWebster, the Mirriam-Webster online dictionary:

Main Entry: 1house*hold
Pronunciation: 'haus-"hOld, 'hau-"sOld
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
: those who dwell under the same roof and compose a family; also : a social
unit comprised of
those living together in the same dwelling.

I take this to mean that a "household" is the group of people who currently
cohabitate; it is not the house-structure.  In fact, a single household
might share many houses.  Therefore empty houses would not count as
households, especially those where occupants are not yet moved in, or are in
the act of moving out.  Extended absences probably should not be excepted,
and in those cases a good proxy/mail ballot option might be the best choice.

"TR"    Thomas E. Ruddick, associate prof.
              Edison Community College, Piqua OH 45356
                Veni, Vidi, Curcurri!