Re: Quorums
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepi.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:47:58 -0600 (MDT)
Hi Cohousers-
This is a timely discussion for me.  While I was gone at the Natl Coho
Conference,  our group had difficulty getting a quorum to adopt the budget.
And this has happened before. So there is a discussion scheduled for this week
to look at the whole issue.  My preference is to work with why people are
choosing not to come to our Board (Business) meetings, consider changes in
format, frequency, etc, but  I can also see dropping the quorum requirement
slightly.

We have a number of meeting-aversive members, and as someone (I think it was
Don Lindeman) said at the conference, " we know that using a "stick" doesn't
work with adults *or* kids. (Currently our quorum is 51% of adult members, and
we rarely have both members of a couple at a meeting.)

Judy

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epi.umn.edu
I currently have a modest-sized room to rent,- plus, of course, use of the
common  spaces and facilities and being part of a Coh. community
$260/month -  If you know  someone who might be interested, get in touch with
me for details
Monterey Cohousing:
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments       in the Mansion (a rehab Georgian building)
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House
Two (3 BR +) townhomes  for sale - see our web page
 web page: http://www.jimn.org/mococo/