Re: quorums
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepi.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:59:24 -0600 (MDT)
Liz wrote:
<<There may be something else at work here, if people are just plain not
attending meetings. If your process is not working, people will avoid it.
Also, do you provide childcare? This is essential for meeting attendance.

I agree - in fact I'm sure that there are a *lot* of things going on here.  I
hope we'll start to talk about them this weekend - I have some guesses, but
we'll see.  Our process clearly works better for some folks than for others.

As to child care, we provided child care for years and years and years.  After
a while, it wasn't working, for a variety of reasons. most of the kids are
older now - and we reimburse parents for child care - it got too frustrating to
hire people and then have few or no children whose parents wanted the
childcare.

We *are* in a different phase of our life as a community and discussing many
aspects that we need to update, this is just one.  I must say, it's great to
have less to deal with at meetings.

Judy

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epi.umn.edu
I currently have a modest-sized room to rent,- plus, of course, use of the
common  spaces and facilities and being part of a Coh. community
$260/month -  If you know  someone who might be interested, get in touch with
me