Design expertise or local architects
From: Lydia & Ray Ducharme (ducharm1cadvision.com)
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 10:19:37 -0600 (MDT)
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the importance of hiring "cohousing design experts" in
the design of cohousing and what kind of problems a group can run into when
they use their local architects who have little actual cohousing knowledge.

Our Design Committee will be addressing this issue shortly.  Many of our
members have visited other cohousing communities and some people believe that
we have enough knowledge ourselves in this regard.

We would greatly appreciate any thoughts in this regard.

Lydia Ducharme
WholeLife Housing, Calgary, Canada