Re: Art of Community Conference
From: Michael McIntyre (aragonumich.edu)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:17:53 -0600 (MDT)
On Sat, 16 Oct 1999 Brad Jarvis <bradj [at] islandnet.com> wrote:

>         I've found these conferences to be highly enjoyable and highly
> insightful.  If you're interested in networking, or meeting other people who
> are exploring or excited by community, my intuition is that you might find
> this a wonderful event.

I want to echo Brad's strong recommendation of the Art of Community
conference, November 19-21, 1999, Catskills, NY.

Additionally, this will be a very kid friendly event with
organized environmental educational activities for children.

A few of the excellent sessions for us older kids include:

"Six Ingredients for Forming Communities that Help Reduce Conflict
Down the Road"
"Sustainable Architecture in the Community Context"
"Manifesting Our Dreams: The Role of Visioning, Planning, and
Fundraising"
"Facilitation I: Keys to Effective Meeting Facilitation"
"Facilitation II: Challenges and Troubleshooting"
"Educational Alternatives and Community: Choices and Challenges"
"Communities in Motion: An Adventure in Trust-Building"
"The Joy of Growing Healthier Through Community"

Full information and online registration is up at
http://www.ic.org/fic/artofcmty.html

Please register today and join us!

Cheers,
        Michael
Michael McIntyre                  Sunward Cohousing of Ann Arbor
michael [at] ic.org                             www.sunward.org