Screeing Backgrounds of New People
From: Victoria (victoriatrillium-hollow.org)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:29:23 -0700 (MST)

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01BF3066.F527FFE0

Dear All,

We are doing some revamping of how we give and receive information from =
and to new people who are interested in joining our community.  A couple =
of people seem intent on screening new people for felonies, especially =
for child abuse.  I personally feel uncomfortable about this.  First of =
all, I figure we should all screen ourselves if we are going to do this, =
which feels funny.  Secondly, I feel it will give a false sense of =
security about those with no convictions.  But, I do consider myself a =
child advocate and certainly want our kids to be safe.

What do others do and think about this?

Vicky Leary
Trillium Hollow
Portland, Oregon

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01BF3066.F527FFE0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We are doing some revamping of how we =
give and=20
receive information from and to new people who are interested in joining =
our=20
community.&nbsp; A couple of people seem intent on screening new people =
for=20
felonies, especially for child abuse.&nbsp; I personally feel =
uncomfortable=20
about this.&nbsp; First of all, I figure we should all screen ourselves =
if we=20
are going to do this, which feels funny.&nbsp; Secondly, I feel it will =
give a=20
false sense of security about those with no convictions.&nbsp; But, I do =

consider myself a child advocate and certainly want our kids to be=20
safe.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What do others do and think about=20
this?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Vicky Leary</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Trillium Hollow</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Portland, =
Oregon</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01BF3066.F527FFE0--