Re: dishwashers
From: Denise Meier &/or Michael Jacob (dmmjncal.verio.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:02:08 -0700 (MST)
David Mandel wrote:

> I responded privately to Joani a few days ago about the dishwasher, but
> since this seems to be developing into quite a discussion and no one is
> saying anything like this, here you are.
>
> David Mandel
> Southside Park
>
> We don't have a commercial dishwasher. Couldn't afford it back then. And
> from what I've heard and seen elsewhere, I think I'm glad. At first
> thought the idea of 2.5-minute cycles sounds exciting, but then it
> doesn't hold much, so you're loading, waiting 2.5 minutes, unloading,
> tasks that you'll then have to keep interrupting.

What David writes here makes sense to me, especially for a small community.
What I'm curious about is this: Joani, you live at Doyle Street, which has a
home-style dishwasher and 12 units, right? Are you dissatisfied with the
home-style dishwasher? Or is it that Old Oakland has lots more units and
therefore lots more dishes? I'm interested to know.

Thanks,
Denise Meier
Two Acre Wood

Where we've been on-site for 4 months and still don't have a dishwasher at
all; everyone brings dishes from home and takes them back home to wash them.
One member suggests that be our permanent method!