Funding sources for low/moderate income families
From: Richard L. Kohlhaas (chanusa.net)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 00:29:22 -0700 (MST)
Have any of your cohousing groups been involved in getting funding for "low
or moderate" income families by means of:

    Grants for site feasibility studies

    Grants and/or low-cost loans for land purchase

    Individual assistance to "low/moderate" income families for down

      payments and/or mortgage payments

If so,

     From what agencies did you get the grants/loans?

     What were the actual terms and conditions?

      Were you required to sacrifice any "cohousing values" or any design
       desires ?

     Was it worth the hassle?
Dick Kohlhaas
Colorado Springs Cohousing Community
(Currently 10 intending owners; we have an option on a 4.7 acre property 1.5
miles from downtown,
where we plan to build 25-35 units; currently doing due dilligence on the
property and
feasibility studies.)