"contract it out" & diversity
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 21:03:08 -0700 (MST)
>> when it gets to a point where the work is not getting done
>> because there is no one willing and able, contract it out. Life is too
> short
>> to be "cohousingly correct". What works for your community is what makes
>> your community work.

I agree with this and would add that if one wants diversity in a
community, one dimension of that is people who have chosen to pay for
cleaning so they have time to do something else. Respect for those who
do not clean weekly, but do something else, is as important as respect
for those who clean and do nothing else.

We all have the same amount of time and we all chose to use it
differently. That's what makes the world go round.

Participation in the community and having shared tasks that bring
people together is not necessarily the same as "everyone does
everything." Dinners, spring and fall cleaning weekends, etc, can
accomplish that.

Sharon.
--
Sharon Villines