seniors/work
From: JCarter12 (JCarter12aol.com)
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 16:08:58 -0700 (MST)
Thanks to all who responded; I glad to have your comments.   I'd like to add
two points:   1. Cantine's Island has only 12 units; lovely as we seniors are
and helpful in many ways, I don't know that we can indefinitely be "made up
for" by the somewhat younger members.
2. I agree that work can and probably will have to be paid for, however I
dread a slowly emerging two tiered community.

 So my follow up question: how many of you have experienced individuals
contracting out heavy physical part of their work share over an extended
period of time?  What advice would you give those instituting such a
procedure? Do any of you have seniors in community who can't afford much
additional expense?

While I'm at it let me move to another aspect of the senior subject.  I'd be
glad to know if any community has a check list or guidelines re how to
prepare individual homes and/or Common House for senior use.

Again thanks for your help.
Janet Carter