Re: hiring servants
From: S (scowleylibrary.utah.edu)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 16:46:39 -0700 (MST)
Thanks, once again, David.

 The rationale is always..."'we need time, 'they' need money.
 What's wrong with that ?"

I see that the injustice comes in the forms...
- "your history is the same as mine."
- "your choices are the same as mine."
- "your work is not as important as mine."
- the (in)dignity of the work itself.
- "your playtime is not as important as mine."

 I think the whole idea of servants needs a discussion, and we ought to
have a clear argument to present against it.
If we are going to have the truely democratic, diverse, and progressive place
we keep
talking of in cohousing, we need to be clear on this point.  Otherwise....
here comes that "Hippie Country Club"....again.