Re: hiring servants
From: Hollie Butler (holliemeandering.org)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 17:48:47 -0700 (MST)
Hiring someone to do a job does not, in and of itself, mean *any* of these
things. Hiring someone for a job is simply that - hiring them for a job. All
the other emotional and political baggage you're adding on here is being
added by you, and it doesn't have to be. None of these sentiments is
inherent in doing a job. In my opinion, this list offends both the person
who is hiring and the person doing the work.

-hollie

Trillium Hollow Cohousing
Portland, Oregon
hollie [at] meandering.org