Re: servants, service & subservience
From: John Sechrest (sechrestpeak.org)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 19:50:28 -0700 (MST)
      Just to put this idea of charged into perspective...

      When we arranged for someone to come live in our house,
      clean the house, arrange for parts of the child care
      and to cook the main meals, we needed a name for this task.

      The name that was adopted was House goddess.

      Unfortunatly for us, our House Goddess has wandered off
      to anothe community. But if you ever have a chance to
      get a house goddess, I really recommend it. It made
      several things possible that were not before...

"Hans Tilstra" <tilstra [at] smartchat.net.au> writes:

 % The term 'servant' is very charged indeed. Can I provide services of some
 % kind, without experiencing this as subservience?
 %
 % Hans
 %
 %
 %
 %

-----
   PEAK -               .           computers and the Internet
Public Electronic         .            more effectively
Access to Knowledge,Inc       .
1600 SW Western, Suite 180       .            Internet: sechrest [at] peak.org
Corvallis Oregon 97333               .                  (541) 754-7325
                                            . http://www.peak.org/~sechrest