Re: Work Requirements: LCD?
From: Bitner/Stevenson (lilbertearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 23:04:23 -0700 (MST)

We have a separate fund from the HOA dues for capital improvements. The HOA
dues are based solely on unit size, and the capital improvement fund is
based on what each household feels they can contribute. You pledge every
year based on what you want to pay, and can change the amount, with
notification, at any time.

We felt this addressed the issue without involving complicated sliding scale
schemes. It works very well, and since people choose their own rate, there
is no resentment. Keeping it separate from the HOA also makes it easier to
talk about the budget in a less charged way-which you will have to do every
year.
--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing