Re: Differences in income/work effort are OK
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 13:57:15 -0700 (MST)
Here! Here!  Thank you Rob!

Ron Petralito of Liberty Village often says there is a difference
between being "fair" and being "equal."  And I agree -- if you try to be
"equal" on everything this is where you start keeping count of
contributions and infractions ending up w/ lists of figures that do
nothing except contribute to ill will.  Volunteer because YOU want to
and stop measuring your happiness by other's work committment.  No one
is going to be as committed or work as hard as you are.  Some people
will never volunteer or work beyond the very minimum.  And it's hard to
remember sometimes that their contribution is:  they bought a unit in
this community and, by that, made it happen for all of us.  As the poet
said: "they also serve who only stand and wait."

Have fun in all that you do in cohousing -- otherwise the effort isn't
worth it.  Ann Z.  Takoma Village