Re: Attachments - just say no!
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 18:25:18 -0700 (MST)
On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Raines Cohen coho-L [at] raines.com wrote:

> Please don't post attachments of any kind to the list. If you want to
> transmit text, paste it into a message. If you want to post a file, stick
> it on a website or e-mail it to a www.cohousing.org webmaster who would
> be happy to put it where everybody can get to it.
>
> Raines (not the listmom but one who is finding it hard to read the digest
> with all this encoded stuff)

I agree with Raines and Sharon that big attachments are inappropriate on
cohousing-L.  Particularly if they require a special piece of software
that few have handy or if they are in virus prone Microsoft Word format.

In addition to alternatives suggested by Raines and Sharon, another is to
summarize the document in your message and offer to email it to those who
request it.

So ......

Please DO NOT SEND Mime format, html format and other attachments to
Cohousing-L and consider carefully how many bytes you send to the 500 or
so subscribers of cohousing-L.

Lastly, feel free to write me about this but it is off-topic (not about
cohousing) so I discourage further comment on this topic on the list.

Fred  Cohousing-L list manager
      (who once considered using the term listmom )

--
The WTO must change! , Turtles and Teamsters -- United At Last

Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)
More info:   http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/sig-details.htm