Hot tub policies in cohousing
From: Cheryl Charis-Graves (ccharisjeffco.k12.co.us)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 10:13:06 -0700 (MST)
--------------ABDD2E8D3CF472D06048E850

--------------73B38EBFD30A8AAC45D0AAB8

We are in the final stages of purchasing a community hot tub to be installed on
the roof of our common house.

One of the concerns raised by residents is the question of how much time to set
aside as "clothing optional" vs. "clothing expected." How have other
communities handled this?

Another concern is the question of energy consumption. As one of the
researchers, I believe we have found the most energy-efficient model available
at present, but the fact that we are consuming any amount of electricity for
this purpose is of great concern to one of our residents. Solar assist, I have
been told, is not viable within our specific roof configuration.

While not expressed as a major concern at present, I am also wondering about
what works as far as teens (and their friends) using the hot tub without
parental supervision. A concern I have is that the area in which the hot tub
would be placed is not visible from the ground level. I wonder about safety and
liability and protection of the community investment. We would have a lock-down
cover, but I worry about keys being lost or duplicated and the concern that one
moment of forgetfulness could lead to tragedy. I don't want to create an
atmosphere of fear or distrust, but I want us to be wisely cautious.

So, any thoughts, wisdom, or direct experience in these areas would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
cheryl
harmony village in golden, colorado

--------------73B38EBFD30A8AAC45D0AAB8

We are in the final stages of purchasing a community hot tub to be installed
on the roof of our common house.
time to set aside as "clothing optional" vs. "clothing expected." How have
other communities handled this?
researchers, I believe we have found the most energy-efficient model available
at present, but the fact that we are consuming <u>any</u> amount of electricity
for this purpose is of great concern to one of our residents. Solar assist,
I have been told, is not viable within our specific roof configuration.
about what works as far as teens (and their friends) using the hot tub
without parental supervision. A concern I have is that the area in which
the hot tub would be placed is not visible from the ground level. I wonder
about safety and liability and protection of the community investment.
We would have a lock-down cover, but I worry about keys being lost or duplicated
and the concern that one moment of forgetfulness could lead to tragedy.
I don't want to create an atmosphere of fear or distrust, but I want us
to be wisely cautious.
be greatly appreciated.

--------------73B38EBFD30A8AAC45D0AAB8--

--------------ABDD2E8D3CF472D06048E850

begin:vcard
n:Charis-Graves;Cheryl
tel;fax:303-215-9405
tel;work:303-428-5661
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Cluster I Preschools
version:2.1
email;internet:ccharis [at] jeffco.k12.co.us
title:School Psychologist
x-mozilla-cpt:;3
fn:Cheryl Charis-Graves
end:vcard