Excuse me?
From: Jose Marquez (marchpowerworldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:49:44 -0700 (MST)
> If no one had "judged" what others had seemingly "decided to do for
themselves"
> you would probably be working at traditional "women's work"
> (kids, no college, shit work) regardless of your money.

I don't know who you are, scowley [at] library.utah.edu, but this is a HORRIBLE
thing to say!  Not only have you revealed yourself to consider MY LIFE
CHOICE as "shitwork"...but I see this attitude as being exactly what made
being a "housewife" so miserable for so many women for so many years!  Do
you have children?  From your careless reference to the incredible beings
that make life so precious to so many happy parents around the world as
"kids" I certainly hope NOT!  And just what exactly is "shit work"?  Perhaps
cleaning YOUR toilet would be less than fulfilling, but I happen to enjoy
cleaning my home, preparing my kitchen for the next healthy meal I'll cook,
vacuuming is tons of fun with a 1 year old chasing you (or being chased),
and dusting (once a year) is immensly satisfying as I watch thick dust being
wiped away and deep red wood again being exposed!  And why on earth would
you consider lack of college to be the realm of womanhood?  Don't you think
MEN have ever been without college?  Don't Fathers also care for their
children?  There may be a stereotype of women maids...but there's a reason
why Garbageman is used a lot more often than Garbagepeople!

I hope you'll think more carefully in the future before clicking SEND...this
comment, I believe, did a lot more harm than good.

~March