TIME OUT PLEASE
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:29:19 -0700 (MST)
I think more heat than light is being generated by the threads of
"Servants" and related messages.  There is enough ambiguity
as to what various people meant, examples of less than tactful language
etc. to make it a very muddled discussion.  I have lost track
of the relevance to cohousing.  I tried rereading messages but found
them not worth untangling.  Therefore...

As list manager I urge a TIME OUT PLEASE.  Please wait til the weekend
before posting on these topics again.  I suspect that by then a bit of
perspective will result in more useful topics supplanting this dubious
exchanges.

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Bitner/Stevenson lilbert [at] earthlink.net wrote:

> I find it hard to believe that any of you would behave this way in a
> meeting, face to face. I'm really annoyed that this discussion has
> degenerated to this level. Grow up and start acting like civilized adults!

I don't link Liz was refering to one individual's comments but to the
cumulative tone.  As it happens I happen to know that one of the writer's
does indeed seem to have a style on the list that anoys others that
he/she does not have in person.  Lets put a bit of blame on the media.

Again, please refrain from posting on the "Servants" and related topics
til Saturday 1/8.  Feel free to write me directly.

In general I urge delaying sending email messages and replies that are
written with too much emotional involvement.  It's amazing how much
moderation a good night's sleep gives.  I also urge sending apologies
when you do offend someone.  I assume we all do this occasionally - I
know I've done so without intending to.

Fred,  cohousing-L list manager

--
The WTO must change! , Turtles and Teamsters -- United At Last

Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)
More info:   http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/sig-details.htm