Re: Hot Tubs
From: MartyR707 (MartyR707aol.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 19:39:17 -0700 (MST)
In a message dated 1/6/00 9:05:45 AM, cohousing-l [at] freedom2.mtn.org writes:

<< Lock the hot tub? This would bring out howls of outrage I am sure. We have
more kids than I can even keep track of and child safety is not an issue
with the hot tub, although ours is above ground and requires fairly strong
person to move the cover so I doubt a stray toddler could even get in.

Here in CA, it is a strict law to keep hot tubs locked - either surrounded by
a locking fence or with a locking cover.  With the number of child drownings
that we hear about all the time, I'm rather surprised it is not required
everywhere.

Marty Roberts
Two Acre Wood, Sebastopol - where we have two private hot tubs so far.  both
are fenced and have tightly latching covers - one has an alarm on the gate
and the door from the house - a county requirement.