Co-op in West Somerville (MA) seeks new housemate(s)
From: Maren Leyla Cooke (marenbloom.harvard.edu)
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 18:24:28 -0700 (MST)
Hi, all --

My household, Teal Co-operative, is looking for a new member, as soon as
next month.  If you or someone you know might be a good match, give us a call
at (617)628-8089 (between 9am and 9pm, please), or email
house [at] huarp.harvard.edu.

Here's the scoop!

        -- Maren.
Teal is an eight-member (seven adults and one toddler) cooperative household
near Teele Square in Somerville, near Tufts & the Davis Square T.  We are
looking for a NEW HOUSEMATE!  A woman, to maintain gender balance.
Les/bi/straight all welcome; current members vary.  We're a community-minded
and fairly close-knit co-op: friendly, diverse, creative, environmentally
aware, semi-vegetarian & non-smoking.
We live in a big teal blue house on a quiet side street, and we have a
   Huge eat-in kitchen, which is perfect for our regular
      Biweekly potluck/folksings (& occasional Irish sessions), when the
         Dishwasher comes in handy, as well as the
            Bright & airy living room adjoining the
               Common library/study/art room for
                 Music after supper.
Porches on both 1st & 2nd floors are
  Lovely to eat upon in summer, and overlook a
    Great back yard shaded by a giant
       Norway maple (which bears a hammock) and having numerous
         Gardens containing lots of vegetables & herbs & raspberries and
           Flowers like astilbe & anemone, bridalveil, broom, bleeding
heart,
             Crocus, canna, & cleome, daffodil & daylily, English ivy,
               Forsythia, forget-me-not, & frittilaria, Glory-of-the-snow,
                 Hyacinth & hollyhock, iris & impatiens, Japanese barberry,
                   Lilacs, lamium & lady's mantle, marigolds & morning glory,
                     Nasturtium & narcissus, orchids & ornithogallum,
                       Peonies & primroses, roses climbing up the porch,
                         Solomon's seal, spiderflower, snapdragon & snowdrop,
                           Tiger lily & tulip, violet & vinca, windflower,
                             Yellow sorrel, zinnia, and a three-bin
                               Compost pile to nourish it all!
A room in our house will be available soon (after 1 February).
   The rent is $302, plus food and utilities and
         We recently insulated the house so the latter are lowered.
Other fine attributes include:
   Laundry facilities and a well-appointed woodshop in the basement.
     Garage providing ground-level bike storage, a must!
        Wood floors throughout the house, except for
          Tile in the kitchen and in the (count 'em)
            Three bathrooms, two with tub & shower and one with a
              Great big bathtub for those long comfy soaks.
                 Most of the house has been recently renovated.
                   A wonderful cat named Liekkissa lives with us
                      (and likes to be the only cat).
                         Multiple phone lines include one for real live
                            Internet access right here at home.
                              On and off-street parking are available.
                                Shared office space also may be possible.
                                  Our phone number is (617)628-8089; collective
                                     Email is house [at] ossian.harvard.edu so
do
                                        Get in touch if you are interested!
p.s.  apologies for the blind cc:; this is going to quite a few individuals
(as well as several email lists), and some may not want their email addresses
publicized.  As the mother of the abovementioned toddler, I'd rather not
take the time to send and keep track of a whole bunch of separate emails.
Likewise, apologies if you received this from more than one list (and/or if
it is totally irrelevant to you).
                        -- Maren.