Re: Taking a Break - See ya latter Liz
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 23:05:29 -0700 (MST)
On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Bitner/Stevenson lilbert [at] earthlink.net wrote:

> I am unsubscribing from this list. I was going to just do that, but no
> explanation seems creepy somehow, so here goes:

I'm going to reply to Liz's message over the list despite her admonition
not to (sort of as list manager)
BUT I HOPE NO ONE REPLIES OVER THE LIST TO ME.

I'm confident that I speak for a number of folks in thanking Liz for her
participation and look forward to her maybe subscribing again some time.
I can think of two active folks who dropped out for a while and have
subscribed again (tho I think both respond less often); guess they've
learned moderation.

> For some time now, I have been frustrated with the posts on this list. Some
> are strident, others whiney, and many very repetitive. (Aren't there
> archives?) To give everyone the benefit of the doubt, it's probably time for
> me to take a break. Maybe the list has always been this way, and I'm just
> burned out.

I dont know if there is a trend in the postings to Cohousing-L on this
score partly because I dont read it that closely which is how I deal with
not getting burned out. (I've been at this 7+ years. ) Certainly the
quality of messages to the list varies considerably but that is the nature
of unmoderated / unedited discussion mailing lists.  I skim messages, skip
some almost entirely and read and ponder others at length. I assume most
people do this.  Hopefully not the same messages... I dont expect this
list will be moderated / edited till software becomes available so it can
be done by a group of folks which I dont expect any time soon.

> I also feel that I need to spend more time doing other stuff, and I somehow
> feel compelled to reply to many of the questions here. It takes lots of time

I found 35 messages from Liz to the list in Nov/Dec/Jan.  Whew!

Archives.  Yep Liz, there are archives of cohousing-L at
http://csf.Colorado.EDU/cohousing/
And they can be searched tho I dont know how often people try that before
posting...

I have to mention the alternative to pulling the plug completely....
In recent months I have heard from a number of folks who read messages in
the archives rather than getting them by email.  And remember you can be
subscribed without getting mail which allows you to reply to messages in
the archive to the list.

> Love, Liz
> --
> Liz Stevenson
> Southside Park Cohousing
> Sacramento, California

See ya Liz.

Fred  cohousing-L list manager

--
URL below corrected 1/7/00    sorry.  WTO links there...

Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)
More info:   http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/sig-detail.htm