Own vs Rent
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 12:01:09 -0700 (MST)
I find the distinctions between owners and renters to be unconvincing.
I've lived for many years in apartment buildings where there were both
owners and renters and cannot claim to see any differences in
behavior, income levels, attention to property, etc.

I also know many bankers and investors who say that owning real estate
is a personal issue, not a cost-savings issue. It is universally
cheaper to rent unless you are a developer--and even then it is iffy.

One of the richest people I know--millions and millions (not
billiions)--lives in a rental apartment. It's a nice one but still a
rental.

Is there any recent research on this?

Sharon.
--