Re: Gardening Questions too!
From: DWeil20688 (DWeil20688aol.com)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 17:27:26 -0700 (MST)
March,
Our Solterra community garden is about 2 acres, divided into a number of
plots of varying sizes. This first year, most of us who wanted to garden
individual plots and are growing vegetables and flowers.  I asked those who
wanted a community garden how they planned to work it.  It seems that only a
few were willing to work it and many were willing to pick the produce, so we
only have individual gardens.  We intend to have a children's garden.  Right
now, some of the plots are being gardened by children, often quite
successfully.  We plan to have a meditation area in the garden center with a
gazebo.  With only 15 completed houses of the 40 planned, we are certain to
have more gardeners in the future.
Don Weil
Solterra
Durham, NC