Re: Cohousing ,Class distinctions and banks
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:55:20 -0700 (MST)

> Steven wrote about economics and class. My purpose is to pin it a bit closer
> to cohousing. One of the definition points of cohousing is home ownership.
> There are not any rental or non-owner cohousing communities that I am aware
> of.

Maybe not in the US but when we were in Denmark this past summer we
visited two rental communities.  One VERY large one where the residents
did NOT exercise any control over who was allowed to move in.  The
other, a much smaller 18 units (I think)DID have control over accepting
or rejecting new residents.  The latter one worked a lot better
according to the hosts who showed us around the communities.

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village
WDC