Off-Topic!!! Dioxin in Tampons & more
From: Jose Marquez (marchpowerworldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:11:29 -0700 (MST)
Hi All!

I've heard about this before and it definately has some substance to
it...although this woman is a bit overly emotional sounding.  Please look
more into this with whatever resources are available to you...I stopped
using tampons because of the dioxin issue regardless of the other one
mentioned in this.  Please send on...

> [...]
> >  >> > about it! Please write to the companies:  Tampax (Tambrands),
> >  >Playtex,
> >  >>
> >  >> > O.B., Kotex. Call the 800 numbers listed on the boxes.  Let
> >  >them
> >  >> > know that we demand a safe product -
> >  >>                ALL COTTON UNBLEACHED TAMPONS.
> >  >>
> >  >>
> >  >> > Thank you.
> >  >> > Donna C. Boisseau
> >  >> > Stephanie C. Baker; Assistant to Dr. B.S. Katzenellenbogen,
> >  >> > Professor
> >  >> > University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Department of
> >  >> > Molecular and Integrative Physiology; (217) 333-9769
> >
> >   >>

> > Subject: Fwd: FW: Fw: WOMAN'S HEALTH ALERT RE USING TAMPONS
> > Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 20:18:53 EST
> > From: TrishaOhio [at] aol.com
> > To: TAMMARELLE [at] aol.com
> > CC: KMCOG [at] aol.com

> > Subject: Fwd: FW: Fw: WOMAN'S HEALTH ALERT RE USING TAMPONS
> > Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 23:19:53 EST
> > From: DHoy3 [at] aol.com
> > To: LOSBORIN [at] msn.com, distel.1 [at] OSU.EDU, BexleyHoy [at]
> > hotmail.com,
> >      Jamie0014 [at] aol.com, HOY_K [at] DENISON.EDU, MLewis206 [at] aol.com,
> >      Casaylor [at] aol.com, TrishaOhio [at] aol.com, Trishohio [at] aol.com,
> >      102034.3525 [at] compuserve.com
> >
> > Thought you might want to read this.  This is not the first article I
have
> > seen on this subject.

> > Subject: Fwd: FW: Fw: WOMAN'S HEALTH ALERT RE USING TAMPONS
> > Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 23:26:12 EST
> > From: Mollyturk [at] aol.com
> > To: gregr [at] fossilstone.com, slrieser [at] columbus.rr.com, gus [at]
> > urec.net,
> >      Damarama [at] aol.com, Rebecca_King [at] htaoh.honda.com, terickson
> > [at] lsy.com,
> >      Msnewman [at] aol.com, dksfiesta [at] go.com, Modext [at] aol.com,
> >      KClark2867 [at] aol.com, iamholistic [at] juno.com, Karen.Clark [at]
> > Qwest.net,
> >      deb_pleiades [at] hotmail.com, Schrock381 [at] aol.com, DHoy3 [at]
> > aol.com,
> >      SuzanneM [at] acoust-a-fiber.com, iamwisdom [at] attglobal.net,
> >      violet972 [at] yahoo.com, dwelch [at] pdg-inc.com, Whaley [at] sou.edu
> >
> > FYI for those of us that missed it on 60 minutes.

> > Subject: Fwd: FW: Fw: WOMAN'S HEALTH ALERT RE USING TAMPONS
> > Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:12:41 EST
> > From: Damarama [at] aol.com
> > To: 105525.3465 [at] compuserve.com, AMorgan923 [at] aol.com, Mollyturk
> > [at] aol.com

> > Subject: FW: Fw: WOMAN'S HEALTH ALERT RE USING TAMPONS
> > Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 11:41:45 -0500
> > From: "Lois West" <Lois_West [at] notes.ntrs.com>
> > To: "Molly Shuff" <Molly_Shuff [at] notes.ntrs.com>, lalbanes [at] cato.org,
> >      ebarnett [at] na2.us.ml.com, "Andrea Gomez" <AndreaG [at]
> > catalinaltg.com>,
> >      JENH [at] mysticseaport.org, damarama [at] aol.com,
kerrymcwalter [at] hotmail.com,