Urban legend / hoax [ was Re: Off-Topic!!! Dioxin in Tampons.
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:32:44 -0700 (MST)
I am very skeptical about the message forwarded to the Cohousing-L:
Re: Off-Topic!!!  Dioxin in Tampons...

See for example:
http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/ocd/tamponsabs.html

To check out such suspect kinds of things that float around the net,
I suggest going to yahoo and search for "hoax" , go to any of the sites
listed and search for the specifics from the message.  This is what
I did and found among other things the above link.

Please do not post off topic messages to Cohousing-L.
Putting "Off-Topic" on the subject line does not make it acceptable.

The current discussion on Economics evolved from one that was cohousing
related but may be drifting into (thru) a grey area of relevance...

Fred, cohousing-L list manager

--
URL below corrected 1/7/00    sorry.   Includes WTO info.

Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)
More info:   http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/sig-detail.htm