hits -- gather answers and post
From: Kay Argyle (argylemines.utah.edu)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:33:16 -0700 (MST)
> A hit is when someone posts
> a query, then personally gathers the answers and posts them all at once
> about a week later. Would that work for this list?

It would work if most people actually did post the responses that they
receive individually -- I suspect a lot would not bother.  It's an extra
step.  And for archival purposes I would say the answers are actually more
relevant to the subject of cohousing than the philosophical discussions
(however fascinating).

In addition, sometimes someone else's response reminds you of something
unique your own group is doing that you might not otherwise have thought to
add to your own response -- or even realized was unique.

Certainly I have found the "how to" stuff in the archives a godsend when we
have been floundering with some issue -- it saves us reinventing the wheel,
or allows us to invent a wheel with the best properties of everyone else's
wheels, or alerts us to our pioneering role in coming up with a maglev
instead.  ;-)

Kay
Wasatch Commons