RE: Mailing lists vs private conversations
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyahomeport.org)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:25:29 -0700 (MST)
Changing topic slightly...

> In addition, the postings to this list are
> available on websites. So anything you write here is public
> information that
> can be seen by anybody in the world, even those not subscribed to the
> mailing list. Your mother can read your posts, your boss, your spouse,
> anybody. People also can search the web for topics and mail from this list
> comes up. Just yesterday I got a reply from some e-mail I had sent to this
> list more than 5 years ago!

Are there other folks on this list who would prefer that the archives only
be available to list members?  Are there people who strongly prefer they be
public?  I wrote the listowner about this a bit ago based on my own concern
and he said I was the first person who ever asked..

Let's try having people reply privately to me at catya [at] homeport.org?  I'm
happy to tally and repost.

Thanks,

        - catya