Re: Cohousing ,Class distinctions and banks
From: Unnat (Zeniinet.net.au)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 00:55:53 -0700 (MST)
> >I was just reading about the...  Danish, I think, community that
consisted
> >of half government subsidised rental units and half owned units.  I
keep on
> >hearing about groups in this country that are trying for something
along
> >those lines, but less about ones that succeed.  Shall I assume that
the
> >outcomes are not for the most part encouraging?

Pinakarri Community is a mix of privately owned (equity) and publicly
funded rental (non-equity) houses; the only one that we know of in
Australia.  The management of the rental houses is by all residents, ie,
equity and non-equity - this seems to be unusual.  All community members
have a say about the equity houses too.

Robyn Williams
Pinakarri Community
Fremantle, Western Australia